- Project Name: St. Croix Backup Power Rehab DO 2
- Location: St George Hill, St Croix, USVI
- Client: Polu Kai Services
- Industry: Institutional / Federal
- Size: Approximately $100k
Project Description: This project included mechanical & electrical upgrades to an existing back-up power plant for the US Government. MIELKE’s scope was fuel oil equipment & piping installations and HVAC ventilation improvements. We set one new generator, installed new fuel piping, tested the existing fuel storage tanks, fabricated a large custom intake louver and installed a new exhaust fan and ductwork. Although this was not a large project, it presented unique logistical challenges based on the remote location and tight window for completion. Our team succeeded through careful pre-planning, collaboration with the project’s lead electrical contractor and by utilizing local labor resources.